Rehearsal and Concert Parent Helpers
To volunteer, please contact Kerrie on 0439 167 026 or by email at email@example.com.
Our younger Dancers need Parent Helpers to supervise and assist them during rehearsals and performances. We would like to have at least 2 Parent Helpers per class for our younger Dancers, and 1 per class for our older Dancers. Parent Helpers need to be available to attend all Rehearsals and the Concert Performance.
We also need Parent Helpers for Front-of-House and sitting in the Sign-In Desk during Rehearsals and the Concert Performance.
Parent Helpers need to:
- Know the Dancers, costumes and headpieces for your class/group. Class/group lists will be provided.
- Assist Dancers in dressing and putting on headpieces, if needed.
- Check Dancers’ hair and make-up are performance ready.
- Make sure Dancers have gone to the toilet before they are needed on-stage.
- Make sure Dancers look after their costumes and headpieces when finished performing. Make sure costumes are hung up and headpieces are with them.
- Make sure Dancers keep the Dressing Rooms tidy, including putting rubbish in bins.
- Escort Dancers from the Dressing Room to the Stage Door, making sure to be QUIET.
- Soothe any nerves and make sure Dancers are ready to perform.
- Remind Dancers to smile on-stage.